Knightscope announces new software features that enable Knightscope AMRs to identify tight groupings of people and then play warning messages which can help alerts people to the dangers of COVID-19 transmission in public areas.
Knightscope manufactures and deploys autonomous security patrol AMRs. These robots help to extend the reach of your onsite security team. Knightscope robots have been deployed successfully at malls, corporate campuses, college campuses and other large public and private facilities.
The new software features take advantage of the robots cameras and LIDAR sensors to enable the robot to identify targets groups of humans. The robot can then broadcast a predefined public service message through it’s speakers to the public.
“We are pleased to announce that our COVID-19 Public Safety Broadcast Announcements feature is now live and deployed in production,” said William Santana Li, chairman and CEO at Knightscope. “We offered this as a free upgrade to all Knightscope clients as part of our Machine-as-a-Service (MaaS) subscription offering. The majority of our clients were excited to activate the feature, with many even asking for their own custom messages tailored to their respective facilities.”
The over-the-air free upgrade includes the following broadcast messages that can be announced by our K1 Stationary, K3 Indoor, or K5 Outdoor Autonomous Security Robots (ASRs):
- “Please maintain a safe distance between you and other people – I recommend at least 6 feet.”
- “Thanks for joining me for a breath of fresh air. We don’t have to remain indoors, but let’s avoid being in close contact with other humans.”
- “Be sure to wipe down any surfaces you come into contact with. Please disinfect your hands with an alcohol-based sanitizer and avoid touching your face.”
- “Washing our hands is fun! Oh, wait…. I don’t have any hands.”
- “If you are feeling ill, please refrain from entering this facility. Instead, please push the button on my head to speak with a human.”
- “Please refrain from physical contact, including shaking hands.”
- “Social distancing is in practice and required here.”
You can read the full press release from Knightscope.